- Ventos do Oriente
- Orquestra Sinfónica do Porto Casa da Música
Baldur Brönnimann direcção musical
Wu Wei sheng
Claude Debussy Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune
Bernd Richard Deutsch Phaenomena, concerto para sheng e orquestra (estreia em Portugal)
Toru Takemitsu How Slow the Wind
Igor Stravinski Suite de O Pássaro de Fogo
When East and West come together in music, the result can be astonishing. Wu Wei is a renowned musician who reinvented the way the sheng is played, an ancient Chinese wind instrument. He started his musical path in a traditional Chinese orchestra, but his studies in Berlin allowed him to take the sheng into contemporary music, creating new techniques and integrating the instrument into unprecedented contexts. Phaenomena, by the Austrian Bernd Richard Deutsch, is now heard for the first time in Portugal and combines the sheng with the orchestra. The concert begins with an emblematic work by Debussy, a composer strongly inspired by the sounds of the East, and includes a piece by the Japanese Toru Takemitsu built in cycles that change slowly, like the wind or the waves in the sea.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.
- Program notes
- Program notes - Orquestra Sinfónica do Porto Casa da Música - 08 Oct 2021
- PDF / 177.7Kb
Content only available in portuguese.